Wednesday 19 March 2014

Next stop: New Zealand

Ciao :)

how are you?

Days go really fast, it seems like yesterday that I started this great collection and it has already passed two months! I will start to study seriously, in less than one month I will have the mid term exams, but the positive thing is that I will also come back home for the Easter holidays.

Today in Italy we celebrate the Father's day. Well, I wanna say thank you to my dad, I learned a lot from him, he is the best! It also the "name-day" of my mom. Probably, most of you, won't understand which is the "name-day"; it is a tradition in many countries in Europe and Latin America that consists of celebrating the day of the year associated with one's given name. So, best wishes to my dad and my mom <3

Are you ready for the postcards? :D Well, Jason sent me these two nice postcard from New Zealand and exactly from the capital city, Wellington that is the southernmost capital city in the world.


The first one represents the Beehive Parliament Building, it is so called because of its shape is reminiscent of that of a traditional woven form of beehive known as a "skep". It was built between 1969 and 1979.
The other card shows a cable car in the snow. Isn't a very beautiful shoot? Love it!

Do you know that the NZ is the home of the kiwi? I mean not the fruit but a curious bird that is unusual in at least two aspects. First, it is the only bird in the world that has its nostrils at the end of its beak. Second, the female kiwi has the largest egg, in proportion to its body size, of any bird in the world (except possibly for the hummingbird).

Here a picture of this bird:


It's cute :D

Jason told me about kiwi, I thought was the fruit but I discovered a new animal!

Time to start a new day: class in less than an hour, need to study and to work in the afternoon.

I wanna leave you with this fact:
"Did you know that the names of all continents both start and end with the same letter?" :D

Have a great day,
Giuliana

No comments:

Post a Comment